A mixture of O2 and ethyne is used for welding purpose. Can you tell why a mixture of ethyne and air is not used?
Asked by subbukum | 4th Feb, 2020, 11:46: AM
Mixture of ethyne and air cannot be used due to hazard associated with ethyne's intrinsic instability; samples of concentrated or pure acetyle will explosively decompose in air. Acetylene can explode with extreme violence if the pressure of the gas exceeds about 200 kPa (≈39 psi) as a gas or when in liquid or solid form.
Answered by Ramandeep | 5th Feb, 2020, 12:47: PM
- Structure of diamond and graphite using vsepr theory
- Respected Mam/Sir Can you pls give me the definition of butane ring..Where it is used? Is it neccesary to use it or is there any other way other than using it?
- Explain how the fullerenes can be made good conductor of electricity
- How can we easily remember the Naming of carbon compond
- lewis dot structure and explanation of H2SO4 and CO
- Show me the electron dot structure of CH2(Methylene).Also show the bonding.(2 or 3 marks)
- What are carbon compounds?
- mam/sir, I made one formula to find the number of covalent bonds between the hydrocarbon so please will you tell me that it really works or not
- What is the importance of homologous series
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number