Explain the following with reasons: 
a. Formation of clouds is a physical change.
b. Melting of butter to make ghee is a chemical change.
Asked by parthuspoorthy | 6th Jan, 2021, 01:18: PM
(a) Formation of clouds is a physical change because it is a phase of transformation of water from liquid to gas during water cycle and then, gas to liquid. Hence, only the physical properties of water undergo change in the formation of clouds.
(b) Melting of butter is a chemical change. Butter is an emulsion of fat and water. When it is heated, the emulsion breaks up and fat gets separated from water to form two layers. This fat layer separated, is usually called ghee. The properties of ghee and butter are different and we cannot get butter back from ghee.
Answered by Ramandeep | 7th Jan, 2021, 12:47: PM
- physical ghange
- phisical changes are this which can never be reverse and didn't make new substance
- vinegar and lime water mixture observation
- What are Physical and Chemical changes?
- what is Kelvin scale
- When coal burns it possess a change. a) Which type of change is it? Give reasons in support of your answer. b) What is the reactant here? c) Name the products
- what is physical and chemical changes
- what is chemical change
- if keep the biscuits in cooler area it will become soft but if biscuits keep in refrigerator it will not become soft. why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number