Consider a parallelogram whose adjacent sides are given by = 2 + and = - 2, where and are unit vectors inclined at an angle of .
Then answer the following:
I) Express both the diagonals in vector form.
II) Length of both the diagonals.
III) The area of the parallelogram.
IV) The angle between the diagonals.
Asked by abhishek_nayak98 | 2nd Jun, 2014, 08:10: PM
1) The diagonals of the parallelogram are + and
2) l() = =
l() = =
3) Area of parallelogram =
Therefore Area of the parallelogram is 5 square units.
4) let the angle between the diagonals be
Therefore angle between the diagonals is 90 degree.
Answered by Ravindra Kapal | 5th Jun, 2014, 07:31: PM
- how to find resolution of vectors
- let angle beyween two nonzero vectors A bar and Bbar 120° and resultant be C bar
- define free fall
- two vectors equal have resultant equal to either find the angle between them
- A force of 2i+3j+2kN acts on a body for 4s and produces a displacement of 3i+4j+5k m. calcuate power.
- If IA×B| = A•B, what is the angle between A and B?
- find angle between P vector and Q vector if resultant is given by R^2=P^2+Q^2.
- Resolve a force of 10 N into two components, if it acts at an angle of 30o with the horizontal.
- Difference between opposite and antiparallel vectors?
- List of vector formulas
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number