A number consists of two digits whose sum is 7. If 45is added to the number, the digits are reversed.Find the number
Asked by daskousik2004 | 21st Aug, 2020, 10:35: PM
Let the two digit number be 10x+y.
A number consists of two digits whose sum is 7.
x + y = 7 → y = 7 - x
→ The two digit number 10x+y = 10x + 7 - x = 9x + 7
According to the condition, we get
9x + 7 + 45 = 10(7-x) + x
→ 9x + 52 = 70 - 9x
→ 18x = 18 → x = 1
y = 7 - 1 = 6
So, the required two digit number = 9(1) + 7 = 16
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 22nd Aug, 2020, 11:05: PM
- Ncert solution ex.3.3 Q.no.1.6
- substitution method
- A boys works x+y sums, of which only y- 2z are right; how many are wrong?
- Students of a class are made to stand in a row. If one student is extra in each row, there would be 2 rows less. If one student is less in each row, there would be 3 rows more. Find the number of students in each class.
- Q-Use the method of substitution to solve each other of the pair of simultaneous equation 1} x+4y=-4 and 3y-5x=-1
- Q-Use the method of substitution to solve each other of the pair of simultaneous equation 1} 2x-9y=9 and 5x+2t=27
- Please solve.
- 2x+3y=12, 2x+3y=6
- 13d+16g=6 & 32d+25g=30solve
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number