A ball is dropped from a bridge of 122.5 m above a river . after the ball has been falling for 2 seconds , a second ball is thrown straight down after it. what should be the initial velocity of the second ball so that both hit the water at the same time?
Asked by Sayoni Maiti | 5th Jun, 2014, 12:46: AM
Distance between the bridge and river ,S = 122. 5 m
The time taken by the first ball to reach the river can be determined by:
As both ball reaches the water at the same time ,
We can say that time taken by the second ball to reach the water is( 5 -2) sec= 3 sec as the second ball is thrown after 2 sec of falling of first ball .
The initial velocity of second ball is:
Hence the initial velocity of the second ball so that both ball reaches the water at the same time is 26.1 m /s
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 5th Jun, 2014, 08:58: AM
- please answer the question given below
- obtain equation of motion of constant acceleration using matter calculus
- On turning a corner, a motorist rushing at 44 ms-1 find a child on the road ahead. He is currently stops the engine and applies the brakes so as to stop it within 1m of the child. Calculate time required to stop it stops.
- What is motion?
- 14th sum plz
- Plz answer 4th part of 8th ques
- 13th sum plz
- Plz answer 12th ques
- IF A CAR start from rest and TRAVEL WITH CONSTANT acceleration for 10 second.find the ratio of distance in 1st and 2nd second travel by car?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number