CBSE - XII Science - Physics - Electromagnetic Induction
WHAT IS THE INDUCTANCE OF LINEAR WIRE? WHY
Derivation of inductance of a limear wire can be found out using following steps:
1. Set up the geometry of a point at some distance from a straight line.
2. Write dH from Biot Savart at that point. Let the current equal one for simplicity.
3. Find the total H due to all of the current in the line by integrating over the line.
4. Set B = uH.
5. Find the magnetic flux phi in a differential area which is parallel to the wire by integrating B over this area which is a fixed distance from the wire.
6. Find the total flux phi over all of the area from the edge of the wire to infinity by integrating over the distance from the wire to infinity.
7. Since the current was set equal to one, the total flux equals the inductance.
In case of any furthur problem please get back to us.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10