Please refer to the uploaded image for the doubt.
Asked by arjunsah797 | 19th May, 2022, 12:53: PM
When aluminium disc rotates in magnetic field created by electromagnets, eddy currents are induced in Aluminium disc .
Electromagnetic force due to interaction of eddy currents with magnetic field opposes the rotational motion of disc, hence
roational speed of disc decreases.
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 19th May, 2022, 03:21: PM
- 1 APPLICATIONSS OF EDDY CURRENT IN BEAT GALVANOMETRE , IN ELECTRIC BRAPES AND MORE APPLICATTIONS 2 STATE DEMERITS OF EDDY CURRENTS
- Why are the induced currents named eddy currents?
- How are eddy currents induced?
- At atomic level is there any difference between eddy current and direct current?
- State and explain some uses of eddy current?
- It is said that eddy currents have advantages and disadvantages too. What are the disadvantages?
- Why does the core is laminated in transformers?
- Which two laws are used to find the direction of eddy currents?
- <div>how would you detect the presence of magnetic field on an unknown planet</div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number