CBSE Class 11-science Chemistry Electrode Potential
- Ques1) Standard electrode potentials are Fe 2+ / Fe ( E° = -0.44 V) Fe 3+ / Fe2+ (E° = 0.77 V) If Fe 2+, Fe 3+ and Fe blocks are kept together , then (a) Fe3+ increases (b) Fe3+ decreases (c) Fe2+ / Fe3+ remains unchanged (d) Fe2+ decreases please give explaination as I know the answer is (b) but don't know the reason
- What is Standard Electrode Potential?
- Can a solution of 1 M CuSO4 be stored in a vessel made of Nickel metal? Given that E0 Ni, Ni2+ = 0.25 V, E0 Cu, Cu2+ = - 0.34 V
- The electrode potential of four metallic elements (A, B, C and D) are +0.80V, -0.76V, +0.12V and +0.34V respectively. Arrange them in order of decreasing electropositive character.
- Choose the strongest oxidizing agent among F2, Br2, I2, Cl2.
- I2 and Br2 are added to a solution containing Br- and I- ions. What reaction will occur if, I2 + 2e- 2I-; E0 = +0.54 V and Br2 + 2e- 2Br-; E0 = +1.09 V?
- Is it possible to store Copper Sulphate Solution in a Zinc vessel?
- A solution of silver nitrate was stirred with iron rod. Will it cause any change in the concentration of silver and nitrate ions?
- The standard electrode potentials of a few metals are given below: AI(-0.66V), Cu(+0.34V), Li(-3.05V), Ag(+0.80V) and Zn(-0.76V) Which of these will behave as the strongest oxidizing agent and which as the strongest reducing agent?
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number