CBSE Class 11-science Biology Phloem Transport: Mass Flow Hypothesis
- Mass flow hypothesis?
- Name the vascular tissue which transports sucrose in plants.
- Name the form of carbohydrates which is transported in plants as food.
- What are the components of phloem sap?
- Name the process by which sucrose is moved to companion cells and sieve tube cells of the phloem according to the pressure flow hypothesis.
- Define the following with respect to plants: Source Sink
- What do you understand by the loading of source?
- Represent the pressure flow hypothesis diagrammatically.
- The direction of movement of food in the phloem can be bidirectional. Justify.
- How will you explain that the phloem is responsible for food transport by an experiment?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number