Maharashtra to participate in PISA 2018
In a bid to up the ante of secondary education, the state to be a part of the International Student Assessment.
After the revelation by the National Achievement Survey (NAS) that the Maharashtra State Board students are nowhere close to ICSE and CBSE students in their performance in key subjects such as Maths, Science and English, the board has decided to repair the damaging situation.
If all goes according to their plan, Maharashtra will participate in the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) to be held in 2018 so as to enhance and improve the kind of secondary education provided to students studying in the state schools.
Indian officials are confident if Asian countries like South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore can be among the top four in the earlier conducted PISA survey, so can India.
The benchmark for the state board kids will be set at 300 marks out of 400. In the NAS, state board kids had not been able to score more than 255 out of 400. Officials plan to achieve high scores within the next two years.
Box Information courtesy: www.oecd.org/pisa/aboutpisa/
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Mathematics
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Hindi
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Hindi