CBSE to bring back Class 10 Board exams
Decision taken to further improve the quality of education.
The CBSE recently announced that it will reintroduce Class 10 board from the academic year 2018. They decided not to implement it in 2017 due to shortage of time.
CBSE Chairman Rajesh Chaturvedi made the vital announcement and also stated that education experts are in agreement with the decision. The change will be a key point of discussion at the next education ministers’ conference and with the ICSE and state boards under the direction of the ministry of human resource development (MHRD).
He also added that students will be required to “write descriptive answers and not just rely on multiple choice questions”. Additionally, teacher recruitments are also expected to go through some changes and a uniform mechanism for teachers’ recruitment may be in the pipeline.
In order to take CBSE a notch higher, the board is already working on the elimination of substandard schools by strengthening its affiliation norms.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Mathematics
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Hindi
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Hindi