CBSE makes Class 10 Board exams compulsory after seven years
Marks division to be 80% Board-based and 20% for internal assessments.
CBSE will restore the Class X Board exams from March 2018. The Board exams will make a comeback after seven years and marks will be divided as follows: 80% will be Board-based and 20% will be internal assessments.
Since 2011, after the introduction of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) in 2009, the Board made the Class X board exam optional, which means students studying in senior secondary schools had the option to sit for the school-based exam.
CBSE conducted a survey among various stakeholders and the majority were in favour of the compulsory Class X public exam. Thereafter, the ministry of human resource development announced the rollback of the optional scheme of the present Class X exam system.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project