Why the graph of positive acceleration is like a curve open upwards.
Asked by Ch | 13th May, 2017, 03:01: PM
- Acceleration is a physical quantity which describes the state motion depending upon the rate of change of velocity with respect to the change in time.
- In simple words, it is the ratio of the rate of change of velocity (of a moving object) with respect to the rate of change of time (for which the object moves).
- The graph of acceleration is usually illustrated on a velocity-time graph.
- Positive acceleration is said to be gained by a body in motion when there is a continuous increase in velocity with respect to increasing time duration of the motion.
- The graph of positive acceleration is an upward curve because it explains the nature of positive acceleration which is due to a relatively large increase in velocity (y-axis rising curve) in a relatively lesser span of time (x-axis, the width of that curve).
- Therefore a curve develops a shape which is rising in an upward direction while the width of the curve is comparatively less.
- That is why the graph of positive acceleration is like a curve open upwards.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 14th May, 2017, 11:24: AM
- In the arrangement shown in the figure, a heavy pulley of mass M is suspended from a spring of stiffness constant K and the mass m is suspended from a string tightly wound on the pulley. If the mass m is given a small downward displacement and released, find the time period of small oscillations (Take pulley as Disc) and string does not slips on the pulley.
- bus weighing 500 kg on a slope that makes an angle 60 degrees with the horizontal the component of bus weight parallel to the slope is (A) 3500sqrt(3) * N (B) 1500sqrt(3) * N (C) 2500sqrt(3) * N (D) 2500N
- Find the force required to move a load of 100 N up a rough inclined plane, the force being applied parallel to the plane. The inclination of the plane is such that when the same body is kept on a perfectly smooth plane inclined at that angle, a force of 24 N applied at an inclination of 30 degree to the plane keeps the same in equilibrium. Assume coefficient of friction between the rough plane and load equal to 0.3
- 8th sum
- 5th sum.plz
- please eplain-static means anything which is steady or changes with time.
- What are free body diagrams?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number