Why the d-block elements are called transition elements?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 6th Jun, 2016, 01:36: PM
The d–block occupies the large middle section of the periodic table and is flanked by s– and p– blocks elements. The name ‘transition’ given to the elements of d-block is because of their position between s– and p– block elements and thus showing transition in properties of s and p block elements.
Answered by | 6th Jun, 2016, 03:36: PM
- pls solve
- i need easy notes for chapter group 18 and d block of class 12
- Why are zinc,cadmium,mercury not considered in transition elements?
- Write down the three series of the transition metals.
- Write down the electronic configuration of Mn.
- Give the names of two series of inner transition metals.
- Define transition elements.
- Why the 4s orbitals fill prior to 3d orbitals?
- Silver atom has completely filled d orbitals (4d10) in its ground state. How can you say that it is a transition element?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number