Asked by sulaikhasulu393 | 3rd May, 2020, 06:18: PM
n=4 , Whih means element belongs to 4th period. d-orbitals are incompletely filled so it is a d block element.
Number of electrons in outermost d orbital=2
electronic configuration-3d2 4s2
So, Number of s block groups(2)+Number of d block groups(2)-=4
So, this element belongs to 4th group and 4th period.
4th period is second transition series in d block.
So it belongs to 4th group and second transition series.
Answered by Ravi | 4th May, 2020, 09:33: PM
- i need easy notes for chapter group 18 and d block of class 12
- Why are zinc,cadmium,mercury not considered in transition elements?
- Write down the three series of the transition metals.
- Write down the electronic configuration of Mn.
- Give the names of two series of inner transition metals.
- Define transition elements.
- Why the d-block elements are called transition elements?
- Why the 4s orbitals fill prior to 3d orbitals?
- Silver atom has completely filled d orbitals (4d10) in its ground state. How can you say that it is a transition element?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number