Why the 4s orbitals fill prior to 3d orbitals?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 26th Jun, 2014, 09:46: AM
The 3d orbitals of the transition elements project to the periphery of an atom more than the 4s orbitals. Thus it has higher energy than 4s orbitals. This is the reason 4s orbitals fills prior to 3d orbitals.
Answered by | 26th Jun, 2014, 11:46: AM
- pls solve
- i need easy notes for chapter group 18 and d block of class 12
- Why are zinc,cadmium,mercury not considered in transition elements?
- Write down the three series of the transition metals.
- Write down the electronic configuration of Mn.
- Give the names of two series of inner transition metals.
- Define transition elements.
- Why the d-block elements are called transition elements?
- Silver atom has completely filled d orbitals (4d10) in its ground state. How can you say that it is a transition element?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number