why lightining(electric current) travel to earth without any conductor?
Asked by firdoustantray98 | 3rd Mar, 2021, 06:34: PM
Charges are getting accumulated at clouds due to cosmic ray radiaition .
If clouds contain charges then potential is developed nearby region and we get electric field near cloud .
Air breakdown electric field is 3 × 106 V / m . when electric field exceeds this maximum limit ,
electrical breakdown takes place in air and air is getting ionised. Energetic ions produced in the breakdown process
further increases the ionization . In this way lightning take place from cloud to ground
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 4th Mar, 2021, 12:44: PM
- In the following circuit the bulbis connected in parallel with switch and battery. the blub does not glow when the switch is closed but glows when the switch is open. Why?
- SI unit FPS unit and CGS unit of electric current
- define one volt
- what is the role of electron in brief?
- please enlighten me with a very precise note on Coulomb
- A 220 v, 1000w bulb is connected across a 110 v mains supply. the power consumed will be
- what is 1 ampere
- what is electric current
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number