Why is the property of magnet that like pole repel
Asked by dhimantsinhsolanki4683.7sdatl | 22nd May, 2020, 11:48: AM
The two ends of a magnet are called as its poles, and all the magnets have two poles called as the North pole and the South pole.
A magnetic field lines are directed from the North Pole to the South Pole outside the magnet.
When like poles of two magnets are placed facing each other then the magnetic lines of forces acts in opposite direction.
Hence, the like poles repels each other.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 22nd May, 2020, 11:01: PM
- Write any two properties of a magnet.
- why does a magnet attract something ?
- Why due to property of magnet unlike pole attract
- How we create a magnet on our own
- What is magnetic compass? How can we apply the concept of direction of magnet to judge the directions?
- Why a north pole iron rod repel to another iron rod of north pole?
- What is magnetic compass? State it use
- What is magnetism
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number