why is the potential on the outer shielding sphere of spherical capacitor zero?
Asked by Dharvi Kumra | 22nd Jun, 2015, 12:46: PM
If we earth or ground the outer sphere of spherical capacitor, surface potential built at the outer sphere due to the charge is zero because the charge lies all within the outer sphere.
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 23rd Jun, 2015, 12:57: PM
- in the electric field of point charge q
- Equipotential surface for two identical negative charges?
- why is the electric potential constant when electric field is zero> explain me in detail plss
- The equipotential surface for a point charge of 1nC has potential of 9V . find the radius of equipotential surface .
- What do you know about equipotential surface? Give an example.
- What is the shape of equipotential surface for a given point charge?
- How much work is done in moving a 400 μC charge between two points on an equipotential surface?
- Give main characteristics of an equipotential surface.
- Write two important conclusions regarding the relation between electric field and electric potential.
- A charge of 2 C is placed at the center of a spherical shell of radius 30 cm. What will be the work done in moving a charge of 1 μC on its surface through a distance of 5 cm?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number