Give main characteristics of an equipotential surface.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 22nd Apr, 2015, 02:16: PM
The characteristics of an equipotential surface are:
- Potential remains the same at all the points on equipotential surface.
- No work is required to move a charge on an equipotential surface.
- No two equipotential surfaces can ever intersect each other.
- Electric field is always normal to the equipotential surface at every point.
- Equipotential surfaces are closer together in the regions of strong fields and farther apart in the region of weak fields.
Answered by | 22nd Apr, 2015, 04:16: PM
- please give explaination also
- Two spherical conductors A and B are having charge densities σA and σB respectively. If they are joined by a thin wire then what will be the ratio of charge densities finally if the radii are rA and rB.
- in the electric field of point charge q
- Equipotential surface for two identical negative charges?
- why is the electric potential constant when electric field is zero> explain me in detail plss
- The equipotential surface for a point charge of 1nC has potential of 9V . find the radius of equipotential surface .
- What do you know about equipotential surface? Give an example.
- What is the shape of equipotential surface for a given point charge?
- How much work is done in moving a 400 μC charge between two points on an equipotential surface?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number