why does the emergent ray in a glass slab is parallel to the actual ray?
why does the ray shifts sideways?
Asked by Rohith Kumar | 4th Mar, 2015, 11:17: AM
In this case, the extend of bending of the incident and emergent ray on the opposite and parallel sides of the glass slab is equal and opposite. The incident ray bends towards the nornal when travels from air to glass and bends away from the normal when travels through glass to air. Thus, the light emerges from a glass slab in a direction parallel with that in which it enters the glass slab. Also, though the emergent ray is parallel to the incident ray, the emergent ray shifts from its orginal path. Thst is, it gets letrally displaced.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 11th Dec, 2017, 07:12: PM
- define the term dispersion of white light. name the colour of light which bends the most.
- 1.A student observes below phenomenon in the lab as a white light passes through a prism. Among many other colors, he observed the position of two colors: red and violet. (A)What is the phenomenon called? (B)What is the reason for violet light to bent more than the red light? (Ref to: image 1) 2 points Add File
- explain. why angle of incidence= Angle of emergence ?
- Why light rays do not bend or refract when they meet the glass slab perpendicularly? (Pls ans theoratically and dont say it is bcs i is 0)
- please explain refraction through glass slab
- explain why pool of water apper to be less dept then its actually is with diagram
- sir. What happens when incident ray falls on the surface of a glass slab? what is angle of incident and angle of refraction? Draw the diagram in this case?
- what happens when a red light passes through a prism?
- what is angle of deviation?
- , glass prism is able to produce a spectrum when white light passes through it but a rectangular block of same transparent glass does not produce any spectrum why
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number