1.A student observes below phenomenon in the lab as a white light passes through a prism. Among many other colors, he observed the position of two colors: red and violet. (A)What is the phenomenon called? (B)What is the reason for violet light to bent more than the red light? (Ref to: image 1) 2 points Add File
Asked by jasminekhanna27 | 16th Oct, 2020, 11:36: AM
The phenomenon is called dispersion. Speed of Violet Light inside the prism is slowest and that of Red is highest. Hence, deviation of Violet Light is maximum and that of Red is minimum.
Answered by | 17th Oct, 2020, 01:23: AM
- define the term dispersion of white light. name the colour of light which bends the most.
- explain. why angle of incidence= Angle of emergence ?
- Why light rays do not bend or refract when they meet the glass slab perpendicularly? (Pls ans theoratically and dont say it is bcs i is 0)
- please explain refraction through glass slab
- explain why pool of water apper to be less dept then its actually is with diagram
- sir. What happens when incident ray falls on the surface of a glass slab? what is angle of incident and angle of refraction? Draw the diagram in this case?
- what happens when a red light passes through a prism?
- what is angle of deviation?
- , glass prism is able to produce a spectrum when white light passes through it but a rectangular block of same transparent glass does not produce any spectrum why
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number