what is vector and scaler quantity
Asked by rajivjoshigoldtech | 27th Apr, 2016, 08:37: PM
A scalar quantity is one which has only magnitude, while a vector quantity is one which has magnitude as well as direction.
That is, a scalar quantity can be understood just by a number, say 5 kg sugar. Here, to buy sugar you only need a quantity known as mass, i.e. 5 kg is the only information that is needed to buy sugar.
On the other hand if one needs to go to school, you would need the distance that you have to walk as well as the direction in which you need to walk.
Examples of scalar quantities: Mass, time, distance, speed, etc.
Examples of vector quantities: Weight, displacement, velocity, acceleration, etc.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 28th Apr, 2016, 08:41: AM
- Equation for position time relation
- Two balls are dropped to the ground from different heights. one ball is dropped two second after the other but both hit the ground at the same time if the first ball takes 6 second to reach the ground then what is the initial difference between their heights take g is equal to 10 metre per second square
- a rocket which is moving with velocity 50m/s. eject out its secondary engine and its start to accelerate with 5m/s². for next 10 seconds while entering into space. than it moves with uniform velocity. calculate this uniform velocity and the distance covered in 27 seconds. after ejection of secondary engine.
- Brake applied to a car produce a uniform retardation of 90m/s .if the car was travelling with a velocity of 27m/s.than what distance will it cover before coming to rest?
- A car is travelling with a speed of 36km/h. The driver applies the brakes and retards the car uniformly. The car is stopped in 5 seconds. Find i) Retardation of the car ii) Distance travelled before it is stopped.
- A stone is thrown vertically upward after how much time it will be at height of 5m
- A particle which is moving in a straight line with constant acceleration describes distances of 10 m and 15 m in two successive seconds. find the acceleration
- a car has uniform acceleration of 8m/s². what distance will it cover in 20 s after starting from rest.?
- a=-0.5 Speed = 90km/h find distance
- An object starting from rest travels 20m in the first 2s and 160m in the next 4s. What will be the velocity after 7s from the start?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number