Two balls are dropped to the ground from different heights. one ball is dropped two second after the other but both hit the ground at the same time if the first ball takes 6 second to reach the ground then what is the initial difference between their heights take g is equal to 10 metre per second square
Asked by debargharoy057 | 25th Sep, 2021, 09:48: AM
Let h1 be the height from which first ball is dropped . Let h2 be the height from which second ball is dropped .
Let h1 > h2 . Since both the balls reached ground at same time , Second ball is dropped later.
Since first ball took 6 s to reach ground , we have
h1 = (1/2) g t2 = (1/2) × 10 × 36 = 180 m
Since second ball took 4 s to reach ground , we have
h2 = (1/2) g t2 = (1/2) × 10 × 16 = 80 m
Height difference = h1 - h2 = ( 160 - 80 ) = 80 m
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 25th Sep, 2021, 02:31: PM
- a rocket which is moving with velocity 50m/s. eject out its secondary engine and its start to accelerate with 5m/s². for next 10 seconds while entering into space. than it moves with uniform velocity. calculate this uniform velocity and the distance covered in 27 seconds. after ejection of secondary engine.
- Brake applied to a car produce a uniform retardation of 90m/s .if the car was travelling with a velocity of 27m/s.than what distance will it cover before coming to rest?
- A car is travelling with a speed of 36km/h. The driver applies the brakes and retards the car uniformly. The car is stopped in 5 seconds. Find i) Retardation of the car ii) Distance travelled before it is stopped.
- A stone is thrown vertically upward after how much time it will be at height of 5m
- A particle which is moving in a straight line with constant acceleration describes distances of 10 m and 15 m in two successive seconds. find the acceleration
- a car has uniform acceleration of 8m/s². what distance will it cover in 20 s after starting from rest.?
- a=-0.5 Speed = 90km/h find distance
- An object starting from rest travels 20m in the first 2s and 160m in the next 4s. What will be the velocity after 7s from the start?
- The water drop falls at regular intervals from a tap 9 m above the ground. The fourth drop is leaving the tap at the instant, the first drop touches the ground. How high is the third drop at that instant?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number