WHAT IS THE MOTION CHARGES HAPPEN INSIDE THE WIRE WHEN 1).CURENT IS FLOWING AND WHEN 2). CURRENT IS NOT FLOWING?AND ALSO DESCRIBE THE DIRECTION IN WHICH FORCE IS APPLIED ON CHARGE AND THE DIRECTION OF VELOCITY(OR DISPLACEMENT)OF CHARGE IN BOTH CASES:1).CURENT IS FLOWING AND WHEN 2). CURRENT IS NOT FLOWING?EXPLAIN WITH HELP OF DIAGRAM
Asked by abinash.gupta003 | 28th May, 2017, 06:48: PM
Current is nothing but the flow/motion of charges/electrons. So, when current is flowing it is due to the electrons moving from the negative terminal of the battery to the positive terminal. It is due to the convention that flow is considered for positive charges and so current is considered to flow from positive to negative and electrons flow from negative to positive.
The force applied on the charge comes from the battery itself. The potential difference creates a force in the direction from positive to the negative terminal. Same is the case of velocity.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 29th May, 2017, 12:55: PM
- what is volt
- why does need to maintain the current in a given electric circuit by expanding its energy stored in it?
- The flow of electrons is opposite to the direction of the flow of current as electron is negatively charged . Then why current is defined as the flow of electrons through the conductor though current travels from positive to negative terminal.
- If charge on one electron is 1.6 x 10 -19 C. Calculate number of electrons required to constitute 1A of current in 1s.
- what is the power of torch bulb rated at 2.5V and 500 mA?
- The MCB of a Rupa’s room is tripped and keeps on tripping again and again. If it is a domestic circuit, what could be the reason of this phenomenon?
- a current
- if 20 C of charge pass a point in a circuit in 1 second what current is flowing
- an electric bulb is related220 V and 100 W when it is operated on 110 V the power consumed will be
- A coil draws a current of 1.0 ampere and a power of 100 watt from an A.C. source of 110 volt and 5√22/π hertz. Find the inductance and resistance of the coil. Why can't I use P=VI here, and how can I determine when to use P=VI or P=I^2 R or P=V^2 / R
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number