what is retarding? explain it briefly with a example ?
Asked by sneha.saurav20 | 14th Jul, 2015, 07:40: PM
Retardation means negative acceleration.
When the velocity of a body increases with time, it is called acceleration. However, if the velocity decreases, then it is called retardation, deceleration or negative acceleration.
Retardation is also measured as change in velocity per time taken for change.
1. When we apply the brake of a car the velocity decreases.
2. When a person opens a parachute, its velocity goes on decreasing.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 15th Jul, 2015, 09:20: AM
- definition of Motion
- What is the difference between distance and displacement?
- A car moves from Point A to Point B and comes back to Point A. Find distance and displacement.
- a farmer goes from 1 end to the diagonally opposite and of a square field of side 10 m the displacement of the farmer is.
- define motion
- what should we called which is in rest as well as in motion
- a ball is thrown vertically upward with a velocity of 49m/s calculate maximum height attains by the ball
- what is motion
- Distance and displacement .clarify the difference
- What is motion
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number