What is magnetic compass? State it use
Asked by anitashivran3983 | 14th Mar, 2019, 01:47: PM
The magnetic compass is a thin magnetic needle kept in a brass box which has a glass top.
The magnetic needle is pivoted at its centre so that it can rotate freely about its centre.
A magnetic compass is used:
(i) to find the north-south direction
(ii) to find the direction of magnetic field at a place
(iii) to plot the magnetic field lines
(iv) to test the polarity of a magnet.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 14th Mar, 2019, 04:33: PM
- Write any two properties of a magnet.
- why does a magnet attract something ?
- Why due to property of magnet unlike pole attract
- Why is the property of magnet that like pole repel
- How we create a magnet on our own
- What is magnetic compass? How can we apply the concept of direction of magnet to judge the directions?
- Why a north pole iron rod repel to another iron rod of north pole?
- What is magnetism
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number