what is centre of mass??
Asked by akhileshkumarsinghbgw | 26th Jan, 2019, 01:34: PM
A point on or out of the body where we assume the whole mass of the body to be concentrated irrespective of its shape and size is called centre of mass.
Answered by Ankit K | 26th Jan, 2019, 09:31: PM
- A Uniform Disc of diameter R/2 is put over another uniform disc of radius R of same thickness and Density. The peripheries of the two discs touch each other. The Centre of Mass of the system from centre of the big disc is? (I asked this question before but the answer was wrong. They took the Radius as R/2 while it is the Diameter)
- A Uniform Disc of diameter R/2 is put over another uniform disc of radius R of same thickness and Density. The peripheries of the two discs touch each other. The Centre of Mass of the system from centre of the big disc is?
- a stone is tied to one end of a string and rotating in a vertical circle. what is the difference in tension of the lowest and highest point of the vertical circle
- What do you understand by a rigid body?
- Give four examples of a rigid body in pure rotation?
- If a ball or a wheel is made to slide down an inclined plane, what kind of motion can it exhibit?
- Is it necessary that there should be mass at the centre of mass of a system?
- What will be the position of centre of mass in case of a plane lamina of the shape of a rectangle?
- What is the centre of mass of a rigid body?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number