What are coupled oscillations?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
A system of two bodies connected by a spring so that both can oscillate in a straight line along the length of the string is known as a coupled oscillator. The oscillations produced by a coupled oscillator are called coupled oscillations.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Define the following : (i) damped oscillations (ii) maintained oscillations (iii) forced oscillations (iv) resonant or sympathetic vibrations.
- Why are soldiers ordered to move out of step while crossing a bridge?
- At a certain speed of a bus, the body of the bus starts vibrating strongly. Why?
- Why is loud sound heard at resonance?
- Glass window panes are some time broken by an explosion even taking place far away. Why?
- An aeroplane passing over the building sometime causes rattling of windows of the building. Explain why?
- How earthquakes some times cause disaster?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number