Glass window panes are some time broken by an explosion even taking place far away. Why?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
When explosion takes place at a far away place, the disturbance reaching the glass panes sets the glass panes into vibration and if frequency of vibration is equal to the natural frequency of window pane, then resonant vibration takes place and hence window panes break.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What are coupled oscillations?
- Define the following : (i) damped oscillations (ii) maintained oscillations (iii) forced oscillations (iv) resonant or sympathetic vibrations.
- Why are soldiers ordered to move out of step while crossing a bridge?
- At a certain speed of a bus, the body of the bus starts vibrating strongly. Why?
- Why is loud sound heard at resonance?
- An aeroplane passing over the building sometime causes rattling of windows of the building. Explain why?
- How earthquakes some times cause disaster?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number