two cells of voltage 10 v and 2 v and internal resistances of 10ohm and 5 ohm respectively, are connected in parallel with positive end of 10v battery connected to negative pole of 2v battery.find the effective voltage and effective internal resistance of the combination.
Asked by my3shyll | 24th Sep, 2018, 07:33: PM
Applying to Kirchoff's voltage law,
For loop A-B-D-E-A we get,
-RI -10I + 10 = 0
→ 10 = RI +10I1 ...(1)
Applying Kirchoff's voltage law for loop F-A-B-C-F,
-2 - RI + 5 I2 = 0
→5 I2 - RI = 2 ...(2)
by Kirchoff's current law,
I1 = I + I2
→ I2 = I1 - I
Substituting it in equation (2),
5 (I1 - I) - RI = 2 ... (3)
multiplying equation (3) by '2'
10I1 - 10I- 2 IR = 4 ...(4)
Subtracting equation (4) from (1),
RI +10I1 = 10
- ] 10I1 - 10I- 2 IR = 4
(-) (+) (+)
3RI + 10 I = 6 ...(5)
Equation (5) can be written as,
By Ohm's law,
Veff= I (R + Reff)
Comparing thios equation with (6),
Veff= 2 Volt and Reff = 10/3 = 3.33 Ω
The equivalent circuit for figure (1) is,
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 27th Sep, 2018, 01:09: PM
- pls solve
- A battery of end E and internal resistance r is used in a circuit with a variable external resistance R. Find the value of R for which the power consumed in R is maximum.
- By using the graph of terminal potential difference with external resistance how can we find internal resistance
- A 9 V battery is connected in series with a resistor .The terminal voltage is found to be 8 V. Current through the circuit is measured as 5 A. What is the internal resistance of the battery?
- Establish the expression for current flowing through an external resistance R connected to a cell of e.m.f. E and internal resistance r.
- Draw a circuit diagram for the comparying of emf of two primary cell using a potentiometer
- What do you know about the internal resistance of the cell? On what factors does it depend?
- Under what condition, the terminal potential difference of a cell is greater than its emf.
- Differentiate between Emf and Potential difference of a cell.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number