in Current electricity, in section batteries and EMF, we studied that,in a battery a internal mechanism exerts forces on the charges of battery... sir can you please explain, how this force drives the charge in a battery and why these forces drive charges in that manner? please explain sir..
Asked by yashrajgharte24.12dgatl | 18th Aug, 2021, 09:29: PM
In electrical cell chemical energy is converted to electrical energy. In every electrical cell , there are two electrodes
dipped in chemical solutions. One elctrode dipped in chemical solution is isolated from other electrode that is dipped
in a different chemical solution . Chemical reaction is taking place between electrodes and chemical solutions.
In one electode, oxidtation reaction takes place so that electrons released from metal electrode and this electrode
become +ve charge anode . In other electrode, reduction reaction takes place so that electron is absorbed by this elctrode
and it becomes negatively charged cathode.
Due to the presence of charges around electrodes , potential difference is developed and this potential difference is known as
EMF of cell. When these elctrodes are connected externally through a bulb or device that has the ability to draw the current ,
then charges created in chemeical reactions inside the cell will flow through electrodes and either a bulb or device .
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 18th Aug, 2021, 10:22: PM
- What is potential gradient along the wire Reading of voltmeter
- pls solve
- A battery of end E and internal resistance r is used in a circuit with a variable external resistance R. Find the value of R for which the power consumed in R is maximum.
- By using the graph of terminal potential difference with external resistance how can we find internal resistance
- A 9 V battery is connected in series with a resistor .The terminal voltage is found to be 8 V. Current through the circuit is measured as 5 A. What is the internal resistance of the battery?
- Establish the expression for current flowing through an external resistance R connected to a cell of e.m.f. E and internal resistance r.
- Draw a circuit diagram for the comparying of emf of two primary cell using a potentiometer
- two cells of voltage 10 v and 2 v and internal resistances of 10ohm and 5 ohm respectively, are connected in parallel with positive end of 10v battery connected to negative pole of 2v battery.find the effective voltage and effective internal resistance of the combination.
- What do you know about the internal resistance of the cell? On what factors does it depend?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number