The no. of quanta of radiation of frequency 4.98*10^14 s^-1 required to melt 100 g of ice are(latent heat of melting of ice is 33 joule per gram)
Asked by Anil | 20th Jun, 2017, 10:56: AM
Thanks for asking us a question in Ask the Expert section of TopperLearning.com.
1 g requires 33 J
So, 100 g will require 3300 J heat.
Total quanta = E = hv = 6.62 x 10-34 x 4.98 x 1014 = 32.97 x 10-20
100 g of ice will require = 3300 / 32.97 x 10-20 = 100.09 approx 100 quanta.
Answered by Arvind Diwale | 20th Jun, 2017, 03:57: PM
- Calculate the atomic number of an element whose mass number and number of neutrons are 7and 4 respectively.
- Prove that if uncertainty in position of a moving electron is equal to its de-Broglie wavelength than its velocity is completely uncertain?
- what is mean by atom
- what is an atom
- what is photoelectric effect
- what is atomic number
- discovery of electron
- what are rutherford model
- which gas is filled in cathode ray tube
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number