the force between two charges at distance r is f what will be the force between these charges if the distance between them is doubled and charges are placed in a medium of dielectric constant 10 ?
Asked by aditya.loya9821 | 23rd Jul, 2021, 06:44: PM
Force between two charges q1 and q2 that are separated by a distance r is given as
where K = 1/(4) is Coulomb's constant and is permittivity of free space
If distance is doubled and charges are placed in a medium of dielectric constant εr = 10 , then force F is given as
Hence Force F between same charges after doubling distance and placed in a medium of
dielectric constant 10 decreases by a factor (1/40) in comparison with initial force f
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 23rd Jul, 2021, 07:13: PM
- what is dielectric current
- There is one charged tiny spherical oil drop and the magnitude of electric field intensity at a point on its surface is E. If n such drops are combined to make a single drop then what will be the net electric field intensity at a point on the surface of the bigger spherical drop. Assume that charge is uniformly distributed over the volume of oil drop.
- A point charge qa = + 100 c is placed at point a (1, 0, 2) m and another point charge qb = +200c isplaced at point b (4, 4, 2) m. Find :(i) magnitude of electrostatic interaction force acting between them(ii) find a f(force on a due to
- Two identical metal spheres have charges +15μC and +25μC areseparated by a distance. If the spheres are first brought into contact and then separated to the original distance, then the ratio of the new force to the previous force is
- Two equal small spheres each weighing 1g , hang by two equal silk threads from the same point. The spheres are charged when in contact and come to rest with their centres 2cm apart and 20cm vertically below the point of support. Find the charge on each sphere.
- two bodies of masses m,2m and charges q and 2q ,q is hanged with two strings of equal length 'l' as shown. which one of the following is correct.
- staate columbs law in vectoe form and explain it
- What is coulombs law
- Q - 10
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number