The figure shows two parallelograms ABCD and ABEF. Prove that Area of ADF = area of BCE.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Aug, 2017, 01:59: PM
Parallelogram ABCD and parallelogram ABEF are on the same base AB and between the same parallels AB and FC.
ar (ABCD) = ar (ABEF)
Now ar (ADF) = ar (ABEF)
(Same base AB and between the same parallels AB and FE)
Similarly, ar (BCE) =ar (ABCD)
ar (ADF) = ar (BCE)
Answered by | 17th Aug, 2017, 03:59: PM
- find the perimeter of a square field whose area is 13689 metre square
- how the two parallelograms are equal
- Area, base and corresponding altitude are x2, x-3 and x+4 respectively. Find the area of parallelogram.
- prove that parallelograms on the same base and with same area lie between the same parallels
- Area of trapezium
- Please ans.
- Please solve this question
- ABCD and BCFE are parallelograms. If area of triangle EBC = 480 sq. cm. Calculate (i) area of parallelogram ABCD (ii) area of parallelogram BCFE.
- ABCD is a parallelogram of area 900 sq. cm. AP is drawn perpendicular to BC and AQ is perpendicular to DC. If AP = 24 cm and AQ = 18.75 cm. Calculate (i) AB (ii) BC (iii) area of ABC.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number