Tara goes on a camel safari in Africa. She travels 5 km north, then 3 km east and then 1 km north
again. What distance did she cover? What was her displacement?
Asked by gaming11avenger | 23rd Apr, 2020, 08:54: PM
1. Distance travelled by Tara is = 5 + 3+ 1= 9 km
2. The shortest path between the initial and the final point is known as displacement.
By Pythagoras Theorem,
BD2 = CD2 +BC2
BD2 = 62 + 32 = 36 + 9 =45
BD = 6.708 km
Thus, displacement of Tara is 6.70 km
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 23rd Apr, 2020, 11:36: PM
- A particle moves 4m north then 5m east and finally 6m South. Calculate the displacement.
- Rama takes a round of a circular Park whose diameter is 280 metre in 4 minutes what is the distance covered by Rama what is the speed of Rama
- The acceleration of a particle which moves along the positive x−axis varies its position as shown. If the velocity of the particle is 0.8 m/s at x=0, the velocity of the particle at x=1.4 m is (in m/s)
- A body covers a distance of 5m along a semicircular path from its one end to another end .Then the ratio of its distance covered to its displacement is
- define between uniform and non uniform motion
- what is rest
- what is motion
- A farmer moves along the boundary of square field of side 10m in 40sec . What will be the magnitude of displacement of farmer at the end of 2 min 20 sec from his initial position?
- rest define
- 9. A girl moves along a circular path of radius 14m. What is her distance and displacement when she completes: (a) Half round (b)Two rounds
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number