Asked by sangyaswarupa | 16th Mar, 2021, 10:06: AM
Drop perpendicular from O to the chord BC.
So, OP will be perpendicular to BC
Therefore, triangle OPC is right angled triangle at P.
By Pythagoras theorem, we have
OC2 = OP2 + PC2
PC2 = OC2 - OP2 = 25 - 9 = 16
So, PC = 4 cm
Answered by Renu Varma | 16th Mar, 2021, 11:35: PM
- point A lies in the exterior of a circle with center P and radius 8 cm A tangent from A touches the circle at if AB=15 cm find PA
- Question no.4 from the chapter Circles.
- plz solve these
- prove that a diameter AB of a circle bisects all those chords which are the tangent at the point A
- question no 51
- Two circles touches internally at a point P and from a point T ,the common tangent at P , tangent segments TQ and TR are drawn to the two circle Prove that TQ=TR
- In this figure BD = passing through center o. And AB=12 and AC=8 find the reading of circle
- Two tangents are drawn from a point p to a circle of radius √3 . the angels between the tangent is 60° . find the length of a 2 tangent
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number