Asked by vikasg13.hardware | 23rd Jun, 2017, 12:55: PM
Let us approach this interesting question with a step-by-step method:
1) The weight of the stone is a redundant value, not used in calculation.
2) At the time of falling, its initial velocity is u=0 m/s, the displacement s=100 and acceleration due to gravity g=-9.8 m/s2.
3) Applying above values in the formula, v2=u2+2as, we get the velocity when the stone just reaches the bottom of the tower and is about to penetrate the sand.
4) For penetration of stone inside the sand, the above calculated 'v' will now be initial velocity i.e 'u' and at the end of penetration, the final velocity v=0.
5) Applying above values in formula, v2=u2+2as, we get the acceleration 'a' of stone penetration in sand.
6) Using the initial velocity of sand penetration 'u', final velocity at the end of penetration v=0 and above calculated 'a' in sand in the formula v=u+at, we get the time taken to penetrate the sand by 2 m.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 23rd Jun, 2017, 03:28: PM
- A ball thrown up vertically returns to the earth after 12 seconds. Find the velocity with which it was thrown up.
- Equation for position time relation
- Two balls are dropped to the ground from different heights. one ball is dropped two second after the other but both hit the ground at the same time if the first ball takes 6 second to reach the ground then what is the initial difference between their heights take g is equal to 10 metre per second square
- a rocket which is moving with velocity 50m/s. eject out its secondary engine and its start to accelerate with 5m/s². for next 10 seconds while entering into space. than it moves with uniform velocity. calculate this uniform velocity and the distance covered in 27 seconds. after ejection of secondary engine.
- Brake applied to a car produce a uniform retardation of 90m/s .if the car was travelling with a velocity of 27m/s.than what distance will it cover before coming to rest?
- A car is travelling with a speed of 36km/h. The driver applies the brakes and retards the car uniformly. The car is stopped in 5 seconds. Find i) Retardation of the car ii) Distance travelled before it is stopped.
- A stone is thrown vertically upward after how much time it will be at height of 5m
- A particle which is moving in a straight line with constant acceleration describes distances of 10 m and 15 m in two successive seconds. find the acceleration
- a car has uniform acceleration of 8m/s². what distance will it cover in 20 s after starting from rest.?
- a=-0.5 Speed = 90km/h find distance
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number