Q1) A object has move through a distance. Can it have a zero displacement? Support your answer.
Q2) A farmer moves along the boundary of the square feild of side 10m in 40 seconds. What will be the magnitude of displacement of the famer at the end of 2 minute 20 seconds from its initial position.
Asked by | 1st Apr, 2015, 08:57: PM
Yes, A object has move through a distance can have a zero displacement.
Dispalcement is the shortest distance travelled by an object between the initial and final positions along a certain direction.
Suppose an object is thrown vertically upwards, it reaches to maximum height say 'h' and it come back to the point from where it has thrown.
Then the displacement of the object is zero but the distance travelled will not be zero.
Note: Kindly ask other question as a separate query.
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 2nd Apr, 2015, 09:45: AM
- What is Scalar Quantity and Vector Quantity?
- a car moving at certain speed stops on applying brakes with in 16 m.if the speed of the car is doubled,maintaining the same retardation.then at what distance does it stop?Also calculate the percentage change in this distance.
- CHAMABHAI MOVES ALONG THE BOUNDARY OF A SQUARE FIELD OF SIDE 20 METER IN 80 SECONDS . WHAT WILL BE EHE MAGNITUDE OF DISPLACEMENT OF CHHAGAN BHAI AT THE END OF 4 MINUTES 40 SECONDS FROM HIS INITIAL POSITION
- Give the example of uniform speed and non-uniform speed.
- Give the example of uniform motion and non-uniform motion.
- What is non-uniform linear motion? Give one example of non-uniform linear motion. What is the shape of velocity-time graph for uniformly accelerated motion along a straight path?
- define motion
- what is origin?
- What is motion
- an athlete completes one round of circular track of diameter 200m in 40 second what will be the distance covered and the displacement at the end of 2 minutes 20 second
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number