Q. The swing ride is just like the pendulum,then why the swing ride did not continue to being in oscilation like pendulum.The pendulum continued oscillates whether the watch has battery or not,then why the swing ride did not continue to oscillate just like pendulum.If we stopped putting our effort or our force then the swing ride stops oscillating.................why it stops and not oscillates like the pendulum when we stops our force ?????????????????
Asked by Shreshth Sahu | 27th Nov, 2014, 05:09: PM
No pendulum can continue oscillating without the constant application of an external force.
If the pendulum does not work on a battery, then there is a spring mechanism in it or some other mechanism that keeps the pendulum oscillating.
A swing has large amount of air resistance acting on it which prevents it from oscillating continuously. Hence, it stops soon after the force has been stopped.
However, a pendulum has very less air resistance acting on it.
Hence, to conclude we can say that a pendulum and a swing are similar system and both require continuous force to be applied for continuous working.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 27th Nov, 2014, 06:42: PM
- What is scalar quantity
- A particle is moving in a circle of diameter 5m. Calculate the distance covered and the displacement when it competes 3 revolutions.
- What is rest in motion?
- Can the state of absolute rest or motion be defined for any object ?comment
- what is displacement
- what is relative terms?
- what is net displacement ?
- an athlete completes one round of a circular track of diameter 200m in 40 seconds .what will be the distance covered and the displacement at the end of 2 minutes distance covered and the displacement at the end of 2 minutes 20 seconds distance covered and the displacement at the end of 2 minutes 20 seconds
- what is accleration rest define
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number