On the basis of kinetic theory explain why, ammonium chloride sublimes and goes from solid state directly into vapour state
Asked by anitabahuguna | 4th May, 2019, 09:57: PM
When ammonium chloride absorbs heat then solid aprticleds filled with energy and this energy is sufficient to break its intermoleucal forces. So intermolecular distance increases and solids are converted directly in gases. This transition from Solid to vapour is rapid. so it can be seen as direct Solid to gas transtion.
Answered by Ravi | 5th May, 2019, 03:00: PM
- can you give me important question on the topic : states of matter
- Gases exert pressure on the walls of the container why? Explain in one two answer
- Proof: P = hpg
- a gas exert pressure on the walls of container, give reason
- nitrogen filled in 1 kg cylinder @150 bar . then strored it at 0 degree cetrigrade. for 24 hrs. what will be changes in properties of nitrogen.
- What is important in the chapter of states of matter ?
- solubility of gas in liquid is decrease as increase in temperature
- Which substances among the following experiences dipole-dipole intermolecular forces? SiF4, CHCl3, CO2, SO2
- Arrange the following forces in increasing order of their strength - Dipole-dipole interaction, hydrogen bond and dispersion forces.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number