Name the d- orbitals that are involved in sp3d2 hybridization
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
In sp3d2 hybridization dx2-y2 and dz2 orbitals are involved.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what is hybridisation?
- Explain the formation of on the basis of hybridisation
- Among H2+ and H2- molecular ions which ion is more stable and why?
- How many lone pairs, bond pairs are present around S in SF4 molecule? What is their arrangement?
- Name one cation which is isostructural with NH3.
- What is the hybrid state of B in BF3, Al in AlCl3, Be in BeCl2, C in CO2 and C2H4; S in SO2 and SO3.
- Differentiate between valence bond theory and Lewis concept with regard to the formation of covalent bond.
- Explain the formation of sigma and pi bond.
- Define hybridization. Show the formation of ammonia (NH3) molecule.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number