Explain the formation of sigma and pi bond.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Sigma bond is formed by the axial overlapping of half filled atomic orbitals where as pi bond is formed by the lateral or sidewise over lap of the atomic orbitals.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what is hybridisation?
- Explain the formation of on the basis of hybridisation
- Among H2+ and H2- molecular ions which ion is more stable and why?
- How many lone pairs, bond pairs are present around S in SF4 molecule? What is their arrangement?
- Name one cation which is isostructural with NH3.
- Name the d- orbitals that are involved in sp3d2 hybridization
- What is the hybrid state of B in BF3, Al in AlCl3, Be in BeCl2, C in CO2 and C2H4; S in SO2 and SO3.
- Differentiate between valence bond theory and Lewis concept with regard to the formation of covalent bond.
- Define hybridization. Show the formation of ammonia (NH3) molecule.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number