Is the charge on two capacitors connected in series (one of them is filled with dielectric slab of constant K) same if they both are connected to battery having potential V ? If yes then please justify..
Asked by yashrajgharte24.12dgatl | 3rd Aug, 2021, 03:31: PM
Figure shows two capacitors in series connected to a battery of EMF V .
Let capacitors made with plates A and B is air filled and the other one is filled with dieclectric material.
Anode or positive electrode of battery attracts electron from plate-A , leaving +ve charge +q on plate A.
Same amount of attracted electrons is given to plate D that is connected to the cathode or negative electrod of battery.
Hence plate D acquires negative charge -q .
Since Plate A has positive charge +q , Plate-B gets negative charge -q by induction .
Since plates B and C are metals and connected by conducting wire, plate C gets
positive charge so that conducting materials that consists of plate B , plate C and the
connecting wire have net zero charge.
In Dielectric material , surface facing the plate D gets positive +q charge by induction,
hence surface facing plate C gets negative -q charge.
Hence if series combination of capacitors connected to a battery , then each capacitor has same charge
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 3rd Aug, 2021, 08:53: PM
- how the electric field b/w parallel plate capacitor comes out to be sigma/€•
- Calculate the capacitance of the following multi slab capacitor.
- 1) What is the force experienced by a positively charged particle Q moving at right angle to an uniform electric field? 2) What is the effect on the charge on the plates of the capacitance on inserting dielectric in a parallel plate capacitors?
- Consider a 342 μF capacitor charged to 1250 V in a defibrillator. When charged to 1250 V, how much energy is stored in the capacitor? 9.60×102 J (in J)
- Capacitance of A parralel plate capaciter
- Please solve Q no 69 Given ans option 3
- As the dielectric constant for metals is infinity and if we use it as a dielectric between capacitor then it's capacitance will increase infinity time then also we don't use it as a dielectric Why?
- Energy stored in capacitor and energy dissipated during charging a capacitor bear a ratio?
- Can we induce charges in insulator and conductor both ? What is the difference in the mechanism of polarisation and induction of charges ? (Other than polarisation we use when dielectric is used=
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number