Asked by surajsubedi14 | 28th Feb, 2015, 08:28: PM
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 1st Mar, 2015, 01:22: PM
- Calculate the change in volume of an iron block 10 cm × 20 cm × 5 cm if its temperature is raised from 10 °C to 40 °C. Given, coefficient of linear expansion of iron =1.2 × 10-5 °C
- What is hooks law of physics?
- What is a perfectly plastic body?
- What do you mean by the elastic limit?
- What is elastic fatigue?
- What do you mean by stress? Is it scalar or vector?
- What do you mean by normal stress?
- State Hooke's law. Is it the fundamental law of elasticity?
- Plot stress vs strain curve for a metal. On the graph depict: (i) Yield point (ii) Fracture point (iii) Proportional limit (iv) Permanent set.
- Two different types of rubber are found to have the stress-strain curves shown below in the figure below. (i) In which significant ways do these curves differ from the stress-strain curve of a metal wire. (ii) A heavy machine is to be installed in a factory. To absorb vibrations of the machine, a block of rubber is placed between the machinery and the floor. Which of the two rubbers A and B would you prefer to use for this purpose? Why? (iii) Which of the two rubber materials would you choose for a car tyre?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number