Identify the positive and negative ions in the following compounds:
Asked by Topperlearning User | 29th Jan, 2015, 10:20: AM
Positive ion Negative ion
(i) MgCl2 – Mg2+ Cl-
(ii) LiCl – Li+ Cl-
(iii) Na2O – Na+ O2 -
(iv) Fe2O3 – Fe3+ O2-
Answered by | 29th Jan, 2015, 12:20: PM
- What is the difference between octet and duplet?
- why solid form of ionic compounds do not conduct electricity wherease solid form of metals conducts it.
- What is the total number of ions produced by one molecule of Na2O and MgBr2 in their aqueous solution?
- Why ionic reactions are quite fast? Give an example of an ionic reaction.
- Why ionic compounds are soluble in polar solvents and insoluble in non-polar solvents?
- Explain the formation of CaF2.
- Discuss electrical conductivity of ionic compounds taking example of sodium chloride.
- Give electron dot structure of following ionic compounds. 1) Al2O3 2) Na2S 3) CaS
- Give the formula of ionic compound formed by following pair of elements: (i) Al, F (ii) Na, P (iii) K, S (iv) Ca, O (v) Li, Cl (vi) Mg, Br
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number