How to calculate primary valence
Asked by Chakshu29saini | 17th Sep, 2019, 06:19: PM
According to Werner's Theory in coordination compounds oxidation state of central metal is called as it's primary valency.
For example,In complex [CoCl2(NH3)4]Cl
Oxidation state of Co=+3
So Primary valency=+3
Answered by Ravi | 17th Sep, 2019, 07:10: PM
- how is coordination bond formed
- how is a coordinate bond formed
- The magnetic moment (in B.M.) of complex [Co(H2O)6]3+ is??
- Solve this
- Pl ans
- Explain classification of ligands on the basis of charge and dentisity. Explain the ambidentate ligands following terms with example. Bidentate ligand Tridentate ligands Tetradentate ligands Pentadentate ligands Hexadentate ligands
- It means first we need to check what type of ligand it is then only we can state that what's its coordination number can be
- Given the molecular formula of the hexa-coordinated complexes (i) CoCl3.6NH3, (ii) CoCl3.5NH3, (iii) CoCl3.4NH3. If the number of co-ordinated NH3 molecules in i, ii and iii respectively are 6, 5, 4, the primary valencies in (i), (ii) and (iii) are ?
- What is the difference between coordination entity and coordination sphere ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number