Asked by minalbhute04 | 3rd Jul, 2020, 12:59: PM
Question: - A car starts from rest after 8 s its velocity becomes 72 m/s. Find acceleration of a car.
As car starts from rest
initial velocity, u = 0
final velcoity is, v = 72 m/s
t = 8 s
Acceleration, a = ?
By first equation of motion,
v = u+at
72 = 0 + a (8)
a = 9 m/s2
Thus, acceleration of car is 9 m/s2
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 5th Jul, 2020, 01:42: PM
- when brakes are applied to a bus, the retardation produced is 25 cm s^-2 and the bus takes 20 second to stop calculate the initial velocity of the bus and the distance travelled by bus during this time
- a body moving with uniform acceleration travels 84m in the first 6s and 180m in the next 5 second find the initial velocity
- Can the equations of motion be used in a situation where acceleration varies with time? Can they be used when acceleration is zero?
- how to draw the graph
- A bullet initially moving with a velocity 20ms-1 strikes a target and comes to rest after penetra penettating
- A car slows down from 108 km/hr to 18 km/hr over a distance of 40 meter. If the brakes are applied with the same force . Calculate 1) total time in which car comes to rest . 2) total distance travelled by it.
- can you tell me derivation of all fomula used in motion in one dimension.
- What will be the answer for attached question?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number