Asked by minalbhute04 | 3rd Jul, 2020, 12:59: PM
Question: - A car starts from rest after 8 s its velocity becomes 72 m/s. Find acceleration of a car.
As car starts from rest
initial velocity, u = 0
final velcoity is, v = 72 m/s
t = 8 s
Acceleration, a = ?
By first equation of motion,
v = u+at
72 = 0 + a (8)
a = 9 m/s2
Thus, acceleration of car is 9 m/s2
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 5th Jul, 2020, 01:42: PM
- what is projectile motion
- all equations of motion?
- A train starts from rest and accelerates uniformly at A rate of 2ms-1 for 10-s.It then maintains A constant speed for 200 s. Tge brakes are then applied and the train is uniformly retarded and comes to rest in 50 s. Find (i) the maximum velocity reached(ii) the retardation in the last 50 s (iii) the total distance travelled, and (iv) the average velocity of the train.
- when brakes are applied to a bus, the retardation produced is 25 cm s^-2 and the bus takes 20 second to stop calculate the initial velocity of the bus and the distance travelled by bus during this time
- a body moving with uniform acceleration travels 84m in the first 6s and 180m in the next 5 second find the initial velocity
- Can the equations of motion be used in a situation where acceleration varies with time? Can they be used when acceleration is zero?
- how to draw the graph
- A bullet initially moving with a velocity 20ms-1 strikes a target and comes to rest after penetra penettating
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number