Hello sir, I am yuganshi. The sum i am sending is in PSA , Sir, please help me to solve it.
Alcohol costs Rs. 3.50 Rs. per litre and kerosene oil costa Rs. 2.50 per litre. In what proportion these should be mixed so that the resulting mixtures may be worth Rs. 2.75 per liters?
Asked by rdbharti2008 | 11th Oct, 2014, 06:13: PM
Let percentages of alcohol & kersosene in the resultant mixture be x and y respectively.
Hence, proportion of alcohol and kerosene should be 1:3 to get a mixture worth Rs 2.75 per litre.
Answered by Vimala Ramamurthy | 12th Oct, 2014, 12:14: PM
- A lending library has a fixed charge for the first three days and an additional charge for each day there after. Neeru paid Rs. 21 for a book kept for five days . Write a linear equation which satisfies this data. Draw trhe graph for the same.
- Two cell phone companies offer different packages. Company A charges a fixed monthly fees of Rs 34 plus Rs 0.5/ minute talk time. Company B charges a fixed monthly fees of Rs 40 plus Rs 0.4 / minute talk time. Take x as the charges per minute for the talk time and y as the total amount. Based on above information answer the following question: (i) Linear equations representing the packages of a company A and B are : (a) y=34 + 0.5 x, y= 40 +0.4 x (b) y=34 + 0.4 x, y= 40 +0.5 x (c ) x=34 + 0.5 x, y= 40 +0.4 y (d) x=34 + 0.4y, y= 40 +0.5y (ii) If the average number of minutes used monthly by Sunil is 1160, then which of the following is true? (a) Company A offers the better package (b)Company B offers the better package (c ) Both companies offer the same package (d) None of the above (iii) If Sunita pays a total bill of Rs 208 to company B then the number of minutes used by her : (a) 400 (b) 420 (c) 410 (d)390 (iv) The shape of the graph represented by the equations in part (i) is : (a) Rectangle (b) Circle (c) Parabola (d) Pair of lines (v) The number of minutes of talk time that results in equal monthly bills from both the companies is : (a) 50 (b) 60 (c) 55 (d)65
- if this is a ball that cost 20 ruppe and a bat that cost 100 ruppe but the bat cost 10 ruppe more what is the total cost of ball and bat ?
- The car is moving with a speed of 60 km/h, travels y km distance in x hours. Represent this statement as a linear equation of two variables and draw the graph. Read from the graph, distance travelled when time is (i) 5 hours, (ii) 10 hours.
- what is linear equations
- Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0
- The number of girls in class IX is 2 more than thrice the number of boys. Represent the above statement by a linear equation in variables ‘x’ and ‘y’.
- In △ABC and △DEF , AB = FD , and ∠A = ∠D . The two triangles will be congruent by SAS axiom if
- The point (m, -m) always lies on the line. x=m y=-m x+y=0 x=y
- A two digit number is 1 less than twice the number obtained after reversing the digits. Form a linear equation in two variables for the given situation and express it in standard form.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number