if this is a ball that cost 20 ruppe and a bat that cost 100 ruppe but the bat cost 10 ruppe more what is the total cost of ball and bat ?
Asked by nisalya.thakkar | 13th May, 2022, 09:01: PM
Question must be:
if this is a ball and a bat that cost 100 ruppe but the bat cost 10 ruppe more than that of a ball, what is the total cost of ball and bat ?
Let x and y be the costs of ball and bat respectively.
As per the condition, we have
x + y = 100
Since, y = 10 + x
Therefore, 2x + 10 = 100
2x = 90
x = 45
Cost of ball is rs 45 and that of bat is rs 55.
Answered by Renu Varma | 15th May, 2022, 04:44: PM
- A lending library has a fixed charge for the first three days and an additional charge for each day there after. Neeru paid Rs. 21 for a book kept for five days . Write a linear equation which satisfies this data. Draw trhe graph for the same.
- Two cell phone companies offer different packages. Company A charges a fixed monthly fees of Rs 34 plus Rs 0.5/ minute talk time. Company B charges a fixed monthly fees of Rs 40 plus Rs 0.4 / minute talk time. Take x as the charges per minute for the talk time and y as the total amount. Based on above information answer the following question: (i) Linear equations representing the packages of a company A and B are : (a) y=34 + 0.5 x, y= 40 +0.4 x (b) y=34 + 0.4 x, y= 40 +0.5 x (c ) x=34 + 0.5 x, y= 40 +0.4 y (d) x=34 + 0.4y, y= 40 +0.5y (ii) If the average number of minutes used monthly by Sunil is 1160, then which of the following is true? (a) Company A offers the better package (b)Company B offers the better package (c ) Both companies offer the same package (d) None of the above (iii) If Sunita pays a total bill of Rs 208 to company B then the number of minutes used by her : (a) 400 (b) 420 (c) 410 (d)390 (iv) The shape of the graph represented by the equations in part (i) is : (a) Rectangle (b) Circle (c) Parabola (d) Pair of lines (v) The number of minutes of talk time that results in equal monthly bills from both the companies is : (a) 50 (b) 60 (c) 55 (d)65
- The car is moving with a speed of 60 km/h, travels y km distance in x hours. Represent this statement as a linear equation of two variables and draw the graph. Read from the graph, distance travelled when time is (i) 5 hours, (ii) 10 hours.
- what is linear equations
- Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0Express 2x = 5y in the form ax + by + c = 0
- The number of girls in class IX is 2 more than thrice the number of boys. Represent the above statement by a linear equation in variables ‘x’ and ‘y’.
- In △ABC and △DEF , AB = FD , and ∠A = ∠D . The two triangles will be congruent by SAS axiom if
- The point (m, -m) always lies on the line. x=m y=-m x+y=0 x=y
- A two digit number is 1 less than twice the number obtained after reversing the digits. Form a linear equation in two variables for the given situation and express it in standard form.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number